What information do we collect?
Registration: In order to use certain functions of the Site, you must complete an online registration form. As part of that process, you will provide us with your email address and a password.
User-Provided Information: In using the Site, you may provide information about your potential or actual travel destinations, activities, transportation, and lodging, including dates, notes and other information that makes the use of the Site valuable to you. If you chose to share your travel plans with others, you will provide their email addresses and may provide personalized communications with them. As we add new features to the Site, there may be other information you enter, which we will collect and store.
Log Files: The Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access the Site. We may also log your internet protocol (“IP”) address, internet service provider, response times, and date/time stamp for system administration, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes.
How might we use or disclose this information?
One goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with an efficient and customized experience. For example:
- If you are logged into your account and using the Site, we may associate information regarding your usage of the Site with your account and with other information that we have collected about you.
- If you have not yet established an account with us, we store information about your activity on the Site in the form of a cookie. If you later establish an account with us, or sign into the Site with that cookie still present on your computer, we may associate the information recorded on that cookie with your activity when you return to the Site.
- We make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- We help you quickly find information and services.
- We are able to create content that is most relevant to you.
- We may use your e-mail to give you updates on the Site’s features and progress, as well as to communicate with you regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site.
We will not disclose personally identifiable information to third parties as part of our regular course of business, except that we sometimes use third parties to perform specific functions (such as transactional and marketing email management) on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we do so only to the extent necessary to help them perform those services. It also is possible that we might acquire or merge with or be acquired by another company. If that happens, your personal information may be disclosed to another company, subject to the policy then in effect.
We may share non-personal information (such as common destinations added by our collective users or the number of daily visitors to a particular page on the Site) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
We may use or share with third parties, non-personally-identifiable information you provide (such as details of trips you have added to the Site) so that we or those third parties can present to you, while visiting the Site, offers or notifications we or they believe would be of interest to you based on that information.
How we protect this information
We incorporate procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all communications with the Site. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. We rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of our computer hardware and network. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Use of Google APIs
Updates to this policy
If we update this policy, we will post that update on the Site and revise the "last updated" date at the bottom of this policy. If we substantially revise this policy (using our discretion to determine if the revision is substantial) we may send emails to our registered users containing a link to the updated policy. We encourage you to review this policy from time to time to stay informed about the information we collect and how we use that information. If you continue to use the Site after we post an update to this policy, this will indicate your acceptance of the update.Last updated July 31, 2015